Thursday, July 26, 2012

Isn't the restlessness suppose to stop?
That's what the books seem to say
When you become a child of God
The fight and flight will turn astray.

So what then when the fight grows fierce?
And when flight spins out of atmosphere?
What then when my deepest fear
Is not being free to wander clear?

What then when the fury brews
Until the vessel breaks apart
The content irretrievable
Yet I would rather be the broken lark.

Thought of fight to flee I find
Weighs heavily on a troubled mind
I am not where I should be
Yet verily where none say to me.

Is it bad unwholesome yearn
To not want to turn or return
Until my insides tear and crack
No holding down not looking back

I have yet to know the dreams
That people say the future brings
That everyone but me agrees
Is written down as destiny.

No comments: