Sunday, January 08, 2012

Paper trail

2012 is the definitive year of lists. Priss wants me to do a list of top 5 foods to eat before one dies. That will need a bit of work to narrow down so I'll start with the top 15 books I wish to get this year. Jumble and Popular bookstore sales are awesome things. Times and MPH don't really offer discounts worth shouting about. As a rule I don't personally purchase books off Amazon, preferring to chance upon them in mad satisfaction.

1) A Lion Among Men - Gregory Maguire
2) Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister - Gregory Maguire
3) Any coffee table book by Tim Flach/ Vladimir Kush/ Salvador Dali/ Carl Warner
4) The Duck that Won the Lottery - Julian Baggini (STILL SEARCHING - should've bought it that one time I saw it!!!)
5) Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis
6) Surprised by Joy - C.S. Lewis
7) Cross-Examined - Mark Meynell (I had TWO copies of this book but might have lent/given them away cos I can't find them - even my highlighted copy. One can however, never share enough sound theological literature so no regrets but I would really like my own copy. Or maybe it's lying around the house somewhere because come to think of it, I can't find my Japanese Women Don't Get Old or Fat either)
8) Trinny & Susannah; the Survival Guide - Trinny & Susannah
9) The Lover's Dictionary - David Levithan
10) Any cookbook by Jamie Oliver/ Gordon Ramsay/ Gary Rhodes/ Nigella Lawson/ Anthony WT/ Delia Smith/ Michael Smith/ James Martin
11) Animal Farm - George Orwell (two legs baaaaaad...)
12)  Complete Works of Winnie-the-Pooh - A.A. Milne
13) Lord of the Flies - William Golding
14) Pooh and the Philosophers - John T. Williams (AGAIN, I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE THIS!!! - I used it extensively in Jurisprudence - WHERE IS IT????? THIS IS FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!)
15) Elvenblood - Mercedes Lackey (I HAD this and burnt it together with a series of other books. Now I want it back. Explanation here)

Yes, it is high time I did a complete raking with a fine tooth comb to locate my missing books.

No comments: