Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dream log

In no particular order these are the dreams I remember having. If anyone can interpret them that would be grand.
  • I am looking after my late grandfather's textile shop in what looks like an English shoplot. It's sot of pine-coloured. It has a wooden front door with rectanglar glass panels. We're closing for the day. A lady called Susan has delivered a baby which is in a low crib. A grandfather with a pipe (looks a lot like Christopher Plummer) is trying to break into the shop to shoot the baby. I am leaning aganst the door to hold it shut. He breaks the glass panel on the front door and aims his gun. I try deflect his aim. The bullets look like Malteasers. In real life, I end up rolling over my queen-sized bed, over my larger-than-life sized stuffed dog, over laundry, and end up back-first on the floor.
  • I am walking on a road in a scene that looks like it came out of a Disney family movie. Suddenly the sky turns grey and soldiers and tanks rush up. There are soldiers lying in the drain using it as cover. They are all waiting for something. Suddenly a giant T-Rex shows up. Everyone screams and runs. Naturally, the T-Rex decides to chase me and the soldiers are saving their own butts. I run til I can run no more. I fall. In my hand I am carrying a bag of mix-and-match candy. The T-Rex lowers his head and instead of crushing my body, snatches the bag of candy thinking it's me. It flings it in the air and lets it hang limp from its teeth. Then it starts to walk away. I am so relieved. I get up. I hold my breath. The T-Rex turns around. He realizes that it's only candy that he's got. He chases me. I run. I run into a building. He's after me. I run into a smaller room. He's still after me. I run into a boiler room. He comes in through the door. Dammit he's shrinking. He closes in on me. I can see his teeth. He... I wake up.
  • I am running away from the evil stepsisters. I run out the back door. There's a chicken wire fence 6 feet high. I impulsively leap. And I fly. But the air in dense so it feels like swimming. I turn into a flying horse but I'm still wearing the shoes I wore as a human.
  • I am perched on a rocky ledge over my old secondry school canteen. People tell me to come down. I say I can't; I'll fall.
  • I'm losing teeth. They keep dropping.
  • C is getting married in an Italian restaurant in a blue dress.
  • H is deathly sick.
  • I am about to marry X but a giant chicken barges into church and distracts the crowd before I say I do. 
  • I am watching myself torture myself. I can feel myself torturing myself. I can feel myself being tortured by myself.
  • I wonder why there's an orang utan in my room. In real life my stuffed dog has fallen over the bed and I'm subconsciously squeezing its paw.
  • I have walked and talked in my sleep before.
  • I dream a man-shark is chasing me through the kitchen.
  • I dream I am at a basketball court in a face-off with a purple dragon. I think to myself, "This is a dream so I will be able to defeat this dragon." I try to do a flying kick but I can't. I am frustrated because isn't one  meant to do whatever they want in dreams? I see D doing martial arts. "Even D can do martial arts in MY dream and I can't," I think to myself. In my dream.
  • I have showered and am putting on my school uniform. I am tired but at least I'm ready for school. I wake up. Urgh...
  • I am sleepworking at my computer. I am typing furiously. J comes up to me and puts a hand on my shoulder. I wake up. Wow I have been sleep working I think to myself. How weird is that? Then I wake up for real.

1 comment:

Saz_lasung said...

whoa... how did you get so many action-pack dreams and how did you manage to remember them?? You can totally write a children's illustrated book or something like that :) ... especially with a purple dragon.. which somehow reminds me of Barney.. :S