Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Weeping in the Valley of a shared Vision

Carls,

The annoyance of an inefficient postal system gave way to the glee of finally having received the long-awaited mystery surprise.

The happiness at having presents to open gave way to the wonder at your choice of encouragement (like you read my mind).

The wonder gave way to joy that we share in Christ; His goodness is infinitely unparalleled;

Joy gave way to humility;

Humility to surrender;

Surrender, sacrifice.

God sent me a dream last night. I believe it started with you. Or with God when He led you to choose the present. Probably God... Yeah, definitely (haha).

Thank you for reminding me of things I have never mentioned. Of things too heavy to word. Of hurt we share living in a fallen world. Of sorrow we cannot fully share even as we reach out for comfort.

I can't wait for the day when there will be no more tears or sadness or pain or shame or loss for those of us who have been bound up in the blood of Jesus. I can't wait for the day when we wake up from day dreaming and realize that we are living the dream. Living. Running. Breathing. The dream! The wait will be so worth it. It's better than Christmas. It started with Christmas. Before Christmas. How awesome is that??!!

When You lead me to the valley of vision
I can see You in the heights
And though my humbling wouldn't be my decision
It's here Your glory shines bright
So let me learn that the cross precedes the crown
To be low is to be high
That the valley's where You make me
More like Christ.
~In the Valley; Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)


Love you lots. xoxo

No comments: