Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Roadblock

Sometimes it's really hard to see beyond the bridge of my nose (and my bridge is by no means prominent).

Sometimes change may seem a far-fetched idea (even though ironically by the same breath we resist the inevitable which we do not want to see).

Sometimes it takes a night out, a dinner, a cup of hot chocolate, a dash of sarcasm and meeting new faces that suddenly reveals possibilities I didn't dare take and old dreams are taken from their shoebox, dusted and considered.

Sometimes it takes simply making a decision to encourage me to think that I haven't completely lost the plot.

Sometimes a headache in the middle of the night, chronic gastric and a never-ending cough seems to be the only focus in life. But when God uses a painkiller to take them away albeit briefly, all of a sudden there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Some might call it a tangible reflection of the metaphysical.

No comments: