Friday, April 17, 2009

It begins with a single step

This is my 1,000th blog post since I first started in March 2004. That's over 5 years worth of blogging, over various issues; humour, frustration, theological, poignant, pensive, silly, legal, ridiculous, whatever you may call it, all of which stems from my person (except one post in the summer of 2004 where I allowed Holty temporary license of easement upon my virtual land).

Everything we do has to begin somewhere. If I want to be a Media Mogul I have to start somewhere if only at the bottom of the barrell, in the lonely halls, making coffee for everyone else who pushes me around. If I want to be a catwalk designer I might have to start with making do with whatever piece of paper I can find to scratch ideas into something only my mind can see. If I ever do have a writing career, it found its roots not in the wide-eyed teacheability of a child who trusts in the judgment of another but in overpowering anger and brooding frustration streaked with a determined belief that I was better than the person marking my year 2 essay told me I was, despite the red circles all over my essay and despite the fact that the marker was my mother. Today some things are different; I can now differentiate between "its" and "it's" whereas before it all looked the same to me but in other areas, things remain the same; I still strive to be above and beyond that what I am, that what I was, that what even now I think I will be.

Whatever we do, we must do it well for whatever we do or neglect to do today forms the foundation we stand on for tomorrow and affects the display we carve out for ourselves in the secret of our hearts.

Happy 1000th blog entry Poodle baby. Rock on.

No comments: