Monday, February 02, 2009

In the face of fear (Part II)

Wrecked. I wondered how I could cling to someone invisible. Why I still did. He hadn't been there for me. Again. Or so it seemed. He didn't even need speak and I could have been spared.

Perhaps I should just step out of the boat...

When I had gathered some sense together, I opened the Bible, eager for it to tell me how to overcome fear. Not the best use of God's word I have to admit, but I was desperate. To my surprise, the Bible seemed less concerned about my problems and more concerned about a fear of another sort.

The fear of the LORD.

Being scared is part of human behaviour. Being vulnerable, part of what makes us cherished. But to fear God - what it means and how it looks like - is a mystery that I have yet to comprehend.

God bless the broken road... that led me straight to You.

No comments: