Monday, November 03, 2008

Death

I dream about death a lot. Possibly as an outcome of reading up on John's Gospel, Reformation History and have been influenced by the arrests in Malaysia made in the name of ISA, last night I dreamt that a Tudor-period, Christian, female minister in Malaysia was beheaded because her words were misinterpreted. At her trial, the board actually accepted that they had misinterpreted her words but that for the sake of peace, they had to behead her anyway. Possibly also because I've seen paintings depicting Jane Grey's execution, I dreamt that the minister had to put her head on a large wheel-like platform that looked like the scene set in "Hellboy II: Rise of the Golden Army" with her executioner standing in the middle. When the axe came down, I woke up. By the way, her name was Anne.

No comments: