Sunday, May 27, 2007

Type O (II)

A few months ago I embarked on a dietary journey of limitation. The "Eat according to your blood type" diet ruled out flour, potatoes, milk and wheat amongst other things for me, an O-type. I thought that the diet was (almost) ideal because it said I could eat as much meat as I wanted. I say almost because it drew the line at potatoes. I followed it semi-religiously. Needless to say, the diet has not taken off and sits on my shelf in the same pages I got the idea from rather than being part of my lifestyle; tried for about two weeks then I caved in to potatoes, carbonara pasta and flour that came in all shapes; cornflakes, crisps, pancakes... In those brief moments, I did eat more vegetables, fruit and healthy food than I have in a very long time but preparing it is such a hassle and washing up afterwards creates more problems than solves them so I kind of gave up on it. However, I keep the possibility of reviving my diet at the back of my mine. Having said that, this must have been the fourth or fifth diet I've tried. Maybe when I have an oven, things will be easier... but for now, I'm off to eat chocolate.

No comments: