Friday, May 18, 2007

Flying!!! Almost.

I love riding without stirrups. Even Din said I ride better without. It almost felt like I was in a rodeo today. The horse moved, the wind was blowing and I didn't have to concentrate on not falling through stirrups, because there were none to fall through! I wonder if Din will let me ride bareback next time. Oh, and I got to use the stick today. Having struggled for weeks with the competitive spirit in me to be better than 'the girl who rides in the next field,' today I finally let go. It doesn't matter. I've wanted to ride for so long, now that I am, I'm not going to let anything spoil it. I'm riding. That's all that matters. And the horses love me. Or my carrots.

Am halfway through Civil Law but don't ask me questions just yet. The information needs to filter through the multiple layers of my brain before it becomes memory. Going to a mountain resort tonight. Hopefully Anita can give me tips on how to pass the CLP. I crashed for about 4 days because I got overwhelmed but today I'm slowly back on track.

Had a look at wildlife conservation trusts and organisations I could work with for a few months. Unfortunately, having a Law, and not Biology degree, I don't qualify for a paid job in the area I want to work in. I am more a field, hands-on person than research but with Law alone, the closest I could come to would be administrative stuff which I really don't want to do. The other option would be to increase my experience by volunteering at conservations and learning on the job before then getting some sort of diploma or if it comes to it, degree. I also had a look at dinosaur excavations available for the public to go on and found out last night that my friend's husband studied paleontology at University so maybe this could be a holiday waiting to happen.

So, in a nutshell, the week has been rough but Friday has rounded it off nicely. I am still in a pensive mood but there's resolve peppered over it.

No comments: