Saturday, March 10, 2007

Green about green

Picture courtesy of Google

On the second day in my hunt for hunter green nail polish, more was bestowed upon me that I expected, which is always a good thing. First, I did not have to wait ages for a cab, the driver spoke English and there was no traffic jam hence what was usually an 8 ringgit trip cost only 5. I stepped into Jusco supermarket before meeting up wth Dianne, Vic and Chew Wei to scout for my longed for nail polish when I was hit with sales, from 10 - 70% off normal price. No nail polish there, but I did walk out 10 minutes later with a new pair off green shoes :) Just what I wanted only, I had not given it much thought until the 50% discount sign caught my attention. Met up with the gang for too much sushi. My stomach somehow failed to register that I was eating and so failed to register I was full until I could not physically put another sushi roll into my open gob. My first stomach decidedly full, I ordered desert. Walking about after lunch, I bought a few more things on a mental list that grew longer with each store I passed, which included an empire line summer dress that had zebra, leopard, cheetah and tiger prints all over. A fashion faux paux perhaps, but it was too good to pass up at 70% off. The good news is I did buy what I had set out to; the perfect shade of green nail polish, which makes me look and feel like I belong in the magical land of Oz. Wicked.

On that note, if you are so lucky to be near a theatre that shows Wicked; the untold story of the witches of Oz, I cannot recommend it highly enough. It is brilliant in every way! I had the joy of watching the extremely talented Idina Menzel (Elphaba) premier in London and she knocked us all off our feet with her unbelievably incredible voice. The story, without giving away any clues as to what happens, starts long before Dorothy even lands in Oz and turns the traditional story we know on its head in a dramatic yet sensitive way which makes one want to root for Elphaba, the esteemed Wicked Witch of the West. I cannot say enough about this amazing musical - go and watch it. You will never read The Wizard of Oz in the same way ever again!!!

I love this musical so much, I have thrown in the Wikipedia section you need to read all about it: Wicked.

No comments: