Monday, June 12, 2006

London, Oh London

I think I'm going to spend my summer with my head down the toilet. The heat is getting to me really badly. To think, I moved here because I thought climate change would ease burning sensations in the fatty tissues of my brain but lo, and behold, it has not. I like Winter and Autumn's not too bad. Spring brings with it nature's pollen missiles so I don't favour Spring either. But Summer, oh Summer, if I were a tree, Summer would be my favourite season. Unless of course I happen to live during a time of no rain and harsh greenhouse effect heatwaves. I don't like the way the sun makes everything it hits reflects its rays directly into my eye. I don't like the way it heats up my room so that I feel like a pig-in-a-blanket, even though my duvet is somewhere by my feet. I don't like the way it makes me swelter and wish that England knew what air-conditioning was although I know England has air conditioning. I guess, Summer and I just don't get along. Maybe I should move to Alaska.

No comments: