Friday, June 16, 2006

Comfort eating

I am a comfort eater through and through. When I am angry, I eat to hold my tongue. When I'm upset, I eat to forget how upset I am. When I feel sick, I eat to supress the feeling of throwing up. I'm not obese but I'm not ultra thin ( the 2 categories people usually fall into when they have an eating problem), maybe I'm a tad overweight... Do I think I have a problem with food? I don't know. I know that I like my food, a lot. I know that I have contemplated and tried throwing up after, without any success, because just not eating was too hard. Maybe the fact that I'm talking about it means I don't have a problem. I don't know... Because I'm not disciplined in most things (I won't even go to the gym if it were too far away - I like it opposite the house) I might not be discipline enough to become bulimic.

No comments: