Sunday, September 05, 2004

I need...

an air-conditioner.

"As much as the sun brings life," I wondered today, "I'm so glad there're things that exist like air-conditioners, fans, ice packs, cold smoothies and thick curtains to block out the sun's rays and unbearable heat." Almost instantly I thought, "Do non-Christians think that as much as the Son brings life, they're glad that there're things in this world like materialism, other religions and illusions to (supposedly) shelter them from responsibility?"

Woke up at 4.15am to see Kat off, then went back to sleep till noon. The heat from the sun held me there; the cool side of my pillow(s), the darkness under my duvet, the smell of eucalyptus on my bed. I was told that summer was going to last all the way through October. Ouch. Laundry's happy but I'm growing more and more uncomfortable in my own skin. I browned at the end of June and that's more than enough for me. It looks like I have use for the SPF 60 bottle yet. I thought Tinseltown's smoothies were awesome but the chocolate smoothies that come from the Joe's new blender are far beyond. Thicker, richer, icier, bad, bad, bad :)

Tonight Heath Ledger is on C4 at 9 with Knight's Tale. Watched him on DVD last night - 10 Things I Hate About You. It's interesting to watch actors, finding out why people are so fascinated by them but it's harder to get an 'objective' perspective when you only have one version of the man; one side of the coin. So he's good looking and has brown curly hair, but are girls attracted to that alone or to his character of Mr Bad Boy of the school? Actors take on a million different personas - a persona within a persona - so do they bring part of their personality into work or do they check it all at the door to recollect when they get their paycheck? What happens when your whole life becomes an act? Acts that fall into one another and get mixed up with reality. If a person tells himself that he is as such long enough, he will evolve, he will change, he will become his imagination. And when he has, he will look for another act to follow his first act because in his head, he is not transformed and so is always trying to transform. Just a few thoughts from the top of my head.

No comments: