Monday, July 12, 2004

Full of...

Biscuits, 8p instant Tesco noodles - no regrets, nuts, soup, chopped corriander, chives, sage, thyme, tutoring, teaching...

I think I'll make blogging on Sunday a habit. Even if every other day's a bit weird, I'll try blog every Sunday. Walk in at 4pm, arrive at 5 and blog and email til 6 then walk to St Helens for 7. Sounds like a plan. Things have been less eventful since my ice cream incident and loss of all dignity, although Sarah's down til Monday (she came yesterday noon), so for a brief period of time, we will/have actually be/been living 'properly' together. Bought several VHSes from Blockbuster including Tomb Raider, Mission Impossible, Fantasia, Richie Rich, Emma and The Mummy. Returned Mortal Combat because of its lousy quality and got a 20p refund. Hahahahahaha. Watched Moulin Rouge last night... I was thinking of making watching a movie a night a habit but the looks that crossed Elena and Sarah's faces respectively when I suggested it means I won't be. Other than that, I'll be sending out mass emails to peeps soon, if not today, with my add and phone number. Am taking it off the previous mail for safety reasons. A few of you have already come round for munchies and more munchies and I'm still looking forward to the rest of you to bring dessert :) Yum. Homies, write me!!!!!! You hear? Write me!!!!!

Did more reading today. Sunday's a good day for reading. Will talk more about it when I've digested the stuff I read about. An exposition on the Song of Songs, Purpose Driven Life, Knowing God... good books all. My satisfying lie-in in general is not gonna last very mong though. Serving at St Helens in the morning would mean waking up at 8 if I catch the bus and 7 if I walk... or maybe 6.30 if I want to clean the house before my housemates wake up, which reminds me, I need to buy more bloo for the loo.

As far as settling in has gone, rest assured, I am quite happy. Bills have been sorted and will be, the odd job man's coming round with Alex to fix stuff and life is quite dappy. There's the occasional putting-myself-in-danger situation and I've gotten used to walking to and from Tesco Kennington in my pyjamas - just put a sweater over it - seeing my pjs aren't dotted with little doggies or trains. They're just good ol' shorts and top. So, one would say that I've adjusted well to my new surroundings. Walking will give me the exercise I need besides running at Kennington Park to train for London Marathon next year. 26 miles... phwoar...

There's a fine line between treating this blog as a diary and knowing that other people are gonna read it. What to write, what not to write. Hmmm? Am still trying to find that balance but it seems that as I spend more time away from blogging as I'm used to, I find myself wanting to talk less and think more but in writing down what I think instead of just my everyday frolics of meeting herbs and chatting to dogs, how would me being politically incorrect, holding adverse opinions or just being wrong in some respect, effect how others might read my blog and hence, me? Not that I'm worried about people reading (or trying to read) me(if they want to read me at all), I just don't want to feed wrong information or pretend to be or deceive, which is all too easy to do. Yakkity yak-yak-yak versus ho-hum, bubble gum.

By the way, I've bought two elephants for the fireplace and their names are Tweedledum and Tweedledee respectivelee. Tweedledum has a mole on his trunk :) I also realised today that the word sanguine has nothing to do with types of pasta.

No comments: